Asterisk Requirements for PIL businesses (phase 1)
PIL: Parents in-law
- Provide a phone service for PIL Consulting Inc, and PIL Accomodation Inc
- Provide a guest telephone service for closest two accomodation locations
- Provide a capability to charge guests for their phone calls
- Save money on guest telephone calls and line rental
- (some) Calls should be able to be made if the Internet connection is unavailble
- Emergency calls – 000 – should work from any phone
- Voice quality should be “pretty good”
- PILs run a holiday accomodation business (PIL Accomodation) and a consulting business (PIL Consulting)
- The holiday accomodation is in four locations, but for now we only need to care about 2 locations
- Presently there is a Telstra analog phone in each location, and one in each of the two offices (4 lines total)
- PIL Consulting’s telephone line doubles as the personal telephone line
- PIL Consulting currently has a discount ADSL plan, with 256kb/s downlink speed and 128k/s uplink. There is a 1GB monthly cap, which is shaped to 64kb/s when it is exceeded.
- Home Base has a Netgear somethingorother ADSL modem/wireless router.
Home Base is a large historic building divided in two. A holiday accomodation apartment and the home and offices of my PILs:
- The office of PIL Consulting
- The office of PIL accomodation
- Accomodation location 1
Over-the-road is “over the road” from Home Base and contains:
- Accomodation location 2
- PIL Accomodation would like to provide a paid-for wireless Internet access point
- PIL Accomodation would like to reduce telephone costs on the other two locations.